Why should you add lemons to your daily routine? Lemons have amazing health benefits and they make your water taste delicious. They smell lovely, look pretty in a bowl, are cheap to buy, and you don’t have to read the ingredients. I often see people putting those chemical flavors into their water…GROSS! Lemons taste better than chemicals so skip the junk. Still, haven’t convinced you? Here are 10 reasons you should start drinking lemon water today:
- CLEANSE: Flush those toxins out of your system to improve enzyme functioning. You will feel more energetic and overall healthier.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOSTER: Lemons are packed with vitamin C which will help you prevent or fight those nasty colds.
- NATURE’S BREATH MINT: Forget the sugary gum and mints for bad breath which can actually promote bad breath. Mouth bacteria feeds on sugar which causes it to reproduce quickly and cause the breath to smell worse.
- HAPPY BELLY: Drinking lemon water has been known to relieve the symptoms of indigestion and bloating.
- GLOWING SKIN: Get ready for better-looking skin. Removing toxins from your body works from the inside out. Fewer wrinkles and blemishes? I’ll take it!
- GET HAPPY: Instead of drinking caffeine loaded coffee every morning, try drinking a cup of warm lemon water. The smell of lemons is calming and has been known to reduce depression and anxiety. Just seeing and smelling a bowl of lemons on my counter makes me smile.
- NATURE’S MEDICINE: Lemons have vitamin C which has anti-inflammatory properties and can help with recovery from injuries. Lemons can help reduce inflammation in your body.
- HYDRATE! We have all heard how important it is to hydrate. Many know this but are still walking around dehydrated. When you’re dehydrated you feel stressed and are lethargic, mentally foggy, etc.? Drink!!! Add lemons to make it taste delicious. Why not take advantage of such a simple solution?!
- LOSE WEIGHT: Lemons curb your appetite because they are high in pectin fiber.
- GET PH BALANCED: When our PH is acidic, disease can occur. Making lemon water part of your daily diet can reduce the acidity that causes pain and inflammation.
Cut up a lemon before you go to work so you have the slices to add all day. There are also products that make drinking lemon water easier. Our favorite is the Citrus Zinger, which is a water bottle that easily extracts juice and flavor from citrus fruits and infuses them directly into your water bottle. As you can see in the picture below, simply juice the lemon into the bottle and screw the bottom on. How cool is that?!
Don’t have a fresh lemon available? Try having lemon essential oil on hand and add two to three drops in your glass of water.